Hi, I'm Rene Hernandez. I live in Ottawa, Canada with my wife and my computer :). I started to get into programming when I was 15 years old by learning a bit of C++ (the old Hello World) in my first PC and from then on, I was hooked up to become a software developer. At the University, I delved into C# and .NET Framework and Python for academic projects while using Java and C++ for programming competitions (e.g., ACM-ICPC and COJ). As a part-time job, I started working with Ruby, Rails and the Linux ecosystem.
I consider myself an avid learner and I always try to keep pushing my limits to explore new stuff that can expand and develop my career.
I feel comfortable with different technologies such as Rails and Ruby, C# and ASP.NET and Python. Recently, I have been leaning towards the DevOps side of development, implementing CI and CD processes and automated tests (and going deep in Docker/Kubernetes). Since I started to work, I am brushing up my skills in C++ programming and automating every task I can :D.
I started this blog in 2017 to share my experiences as I learn new things. Follow along with me and maybe, you could learn a little bit that could be valuable for you.
I blog for several reasons, below I list the main ones:
- The blog posts serve as records of different things I have been learning.
- It helps me to practice (and improve) my writing skills. And this is very important for me, since I am not a native English speaker (or is it English native speaker??).
- The blog will allow me to reach and connect with people I wouldn't be able to otherwise
- It will also serve as a portfolio of my open source contributions
- Just by virtue of having it regularly updated, it will enhance my reputation, hopefully :D.
Thanks for reading this little piece, now head back to reading some useful posts!!.